A lot of cash app users are complaining that’ the digital banking platform is taking money from their account without permission. Well, I was also a victim of this incident and today I will share guidelines on how I was able to resolve the issue of “cash app taking money without permission. This usually happen as a result of unauthorized transactions, giving someone your cash app login details and a lot more we are going to disclose here.
In as much as cash app have a top-notch security feature, that doesn’t mean that’ you shouldn’t be careful of whom you share your login details with. And they are one of the best and most reliable internet banking platforms in United States, together with PayPal, Venmo, Zelle etc.
Cash App will never take money from your account without permission, you need to understand the reasons and how to stop it immediately. I will be pointing out the reasons cash app is taking money from your account without your consent.
Why Is Cash App Taking Money From My Account?
There are several reasons cash app take money from your account without permission, and you will be amazed to find out that’s all your fault. Now let’s quickly proceed;
- Pending transactions : maybe you forget to cancel pending payments. Whenever you send money to someone and it didn’t go through, probably as a result of insufficient fund, poor internet connection, restricted account and more. You’re expected to cancel the payment, otherwise cash app will complete it when the issue resolve” and you may not be aware.
- You may have enabled bill recurring : if you are using your cash app fund to pay your bills, like Netflix, Spotify or any other subscription service. You may be charge automatically on a monthly basis without your consent. They may continue to charge you automatically even if you aren’t using the service any longer.
- Service fees : As written in their terms and conditions, cash app charge you for their services. For instance, fees for instant transfers, ATM withdrawals, and Cash Card purchases. However, these fees are usually disclosed in the app before you make a transaction.
- Authorized payments : you may have shared your cash app login information with someone who’s using your it to take money from your account without your permission.
Just as I mentioned earlier, cash app will never steal or take money from your account without permission. It usually happen as a result of reoccurring bills, unauthorized transactions, and pending payments you didn’t cancel. Now, let me quickly show you guys how to fix this issue permanently.
Cash App Taking Money Without Permission – Here’s What To Do
Below are the steps to follow whenever you want to fix the issue of cash app taking money without permission. That’s how I fixed mine;
Cancel All Pending Payments
If cash app is taking money from your account without permission, the first step you need to take” is to cancel pending payments. Remember I earlier told you guys that’ whenever your payment is pending, probably as a result insufficient fund, poor internet connectivity, unverified account etc.
Cash App may go ahead to complete it after the issue is resolved, and the money will be deducted from your account. Quickly cancel all cash app pending payments with these guideline;
- Login to your cash app account
- Navigate “Activity” bottom from the app home screen.
- Click on the … icon in the top right corner
- Select all pending payments and cancel them one after another.
If there’s any completed payment you didn’t initiate, then’ go ahead and request for a refund with the below steps;
- Open your cash app account and click on the profile icon
- Click on the dollar sign $ at the top right corner.
- Click on Request
- Type in the amount of money to refund and state reasons for the refund.
- Tap on Request, and wait for feedback.
The recipient will receive a notification of your request, if the person approve it” you will get your money back, but if he/she didn’t” you won’t be able to get your money back.
Reset Your PIN & Enable Two-factor Authentication.
If you gave someone your cash app login information, or logged in to your account with a friend’s device without logging out after transactions, the person might be taking money from your account without your consent.
And the only solution to this, is to reset your PIN immediately you notice unusual activities or money disappearing from your account. Also, enabling two-factor authentication will will add an extra layer of security to your account.
Cancel Recurring Bills
If there’s any subscription service you aren’t using anymore, kindly cancel it to avoid wasting your money. Because, they will keep changing you automatically until you can’t it.
Contact Cash App Support Team
If you weren’t able to fix this issue after applying all the methods we shared here, you can go ahead to contact cash app customer support team for more assistant. They will help you review your account, also tell you what happened to your money and how to fix it permanently.
Can Someone Take Money From My Cash App?
Yes, someone can take money from your account” only if the person have access to your cash app login information. Here are things you should take note of;
- Never disclose your cash app security code, PIN or password with anyone” regardless of whom the person is.
- Be careful about clicking on links in emails or text messages from people you don’t know. These links could lead to phishing scams.
- Keep your Cash App application up to date. Cash App regularly releases security updates that help to protect your account.
- Enable two-factor authentication. This adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring you to enter a code from your phone in addition to your PIN.
How Does Cash App Handle Unauthorized Transactions?
If you notice that your money is missing on cash app as a result of unauthorized transactions, you’re advised to quickly file a dispute. Here’s what to do;
Navigate Cash App “Activity” tab from the App home screen => select the unauthorized transaction and click on the … (3 dots icon) at the top right corner of the screen => tap on “Need Help & Cash App Support” => and click on Dispute this Transaction”.
Cash App will refund the money to your account, debit or linked bank account. Otherwise they should be available within 1 to 3 working days, depending on your bank.
The easiest ways to fix the issue of “cash app taking money without permission is to cancel recurring bills, reset your PIN & enable two-factor authentication, cancel all pending payments, and finally” contact cash app customer support team if the issue persist. Remember! Do not share your digital banking information with anyone.