The West African Examination Council, WAEC has officially released the timetable for 2023 WASSCE. Hence all the candidates preparing for the 2023 WASSCE should check the timetable properly to avoid missing any paper.
Sequel to that, the Council has urged prospective candidates who are preparing for the WASSCE to adhere strictly to the timetable so that they won’t miss any papers. In the same vein, the examination board also urged prospective candidates to take their studies seriously by using the timetable as a guide.
The time in the above timetable is GMT. But West Africa Time is GMT + one hour. Hence, candidates from Nigeria and other West African countries are to plus an hour to the exact time specified in the timetable.
Table of Contents
KEY To The Above Timetable
*It means that the subjects are only available to candidates in Ghana
** It means that the subjects are only available to candidates in Nigeria
*** It means that the subjects are only available to candidates in Gambia and Sierra Leone
**** It means that the subject is only available to candidates in Liberia
***** It means that the subjects are only available to candidates in Sierra Leone
1. If the duration on the timetable and one of the question papers differ, then the time on the question paper should be followed.
2. Question papers are to be given out in advance of the dates they are to be taken.
3. For Visual Arts
i.Paper 3A – The board will give instructions to schools two weeks before the paper is due to be taken. Pl
ii. Paper 3B – The board will release the question paper to the candidates two weeks before the paper is due to be taken.
iii. Paper 3C – Candidates sitting for this paper will be required to conclude their projects within six months of the examination year. However, the period of submission of artwork will be communicated to schools by the Council.
4. For candidates who will be carrying out practicals on Block Laying, Bricklaying, and Concrete Works 3 (Practical): The Council will release the question paper to candidates three days before the paper is due to be taken.
5. Project Work Papers: The Council will release the question papers for candidates carrying out project work for Basketry, Graphic Design, Leatherwork, Ceramics, Sculpture, Picture Making, Textiles, Jewellery, Painting & Decorating, Dyeing & Bleaching, and Leather Goods Manufacturing & Repair two weeks in advance before the paper is due to be taken. Meanwhile, the date for the delivery of question papers to candidates will be communicated to them through their schools in due time.
6. Extra time of one hour, and 30 minutes should be given to students with special needs like the blind candidates.
7. The use of GSM is not allowed in the examination center.