When talking about countries with thriving agriculture, Canada can’t be sidelined. Their vast agricultural industry has created tons of employment openings for foreigners seeking to migrate to the country. With its land mass and fertile soils, Canada fruit production is something to write home About.
Some of the fruit they produce includes apples, cherries, grapes, berries, and peaches. Of course These fruits are in high demand all over the country and even internationally. With the need to increase production, it’s no surprise that Canada is employing foreigners into the fruit picking industry.
For foreign workers, securing a fruit picking job in Canada can be a lifetime opportunity as the job might even come with a visa sponsorship program. These programs grants foreign workers with an authorization to work in the country, Which also allows them to gain valuable experience in the Canadian agricultural sector while earning an income.
Requirements For A Fruit Picking Jobs In Canada
Of course you need to meet some certain criteria to be eligible for the free visa sponsorship as a fruit picker in Canada, applicants must typically meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: Your country must have a visa affiliation with Canada as you must be a citizen of a country that has a visa arrangement with Canada.
- Experience: Experience isn’t necessarily important but it definitely will increase your chances of securing a fruit picking job in Canada.
- Education: you don’t have to come with a degree before securing a a fruit picking job, however you should be good at calculating numbers.
- Language skills: for better communication, you need to be Proficient in English or French as it’s often required, although some employers may accept bilingual candidates.
- Health: of course no employer will employ a sickling person, Applicants must be in good physical health and able to perform the manual tasks involved in fruit picking.
How To Find Fruit Picking Jobs with Visa Sponsorship
There are several ways to find fruit picking jobs with visa sponsorship in Canada, including:
1. Searching online job boards: There are various online job boards that posts fruit picking jobs, including those with visa sponsorship. Some popular job boards include Indeed, Workopolis, and Monster.ca. These sites are known for posting new jobs everyday.
2. Contacting employment agencies: This is another way to successfully gain employment. Employment agencies are known to often have access to a wide range of fruit picking jobs, including those with visa sponsorship.
3. Networking with other fruit pickers: make friends with people working in this sector, trust me it can be a great way to learn about job openings and visa sponsorship opportunities.
Types Of Fruit Picking Jobs In Canada
Since there are wide varieties of fruits, you should know that you will indulge in picking different varieties of fruits as a fruit picker, this depends on the region and the specific fruit being harvested. Some of the most common fruit picking jobs include:
- Apple picking: Surely Apples are one of the most popular fruits grown in Canada, and apple picking jobs are available in almost every part of the country.
- Grape picking: After Apples, Grapes are another major fruit crop in Canada, and grape picking jobs are available in places like Ontario, British Columbia, and other provinces.
- Blueberry picking: Blueberries are also a popular fruit in Canada, and blueberry picking jobs are available in many states. Some of the provinces that harvest blueberries include British Columbia, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick.
- Strawberry picking: Strawberries are also popular but not as apples and grapes. Strawberry picking jobs are available in many provinces, some of which includes Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia.
- Raspberry picking: Another popular berry in Canada is Raspberries. Raspberry picking jobs are available in provinces like including British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec
Salaries Of A Fruit Picker in Canada
Trust me the salaries for fruit picking jobs in Canada are quite satisfactory and it varies depending on the type of fruit being harvested, the experience of the employee, and the province of the job. However, the general minimum wage a fruit picker in Canada earns is a minimum wage of around $15 per hour.
Fruit picking jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship offer a valuable opportunity for immigrants looking to work in Canada as they will gain experience, earn an income, and immerse themselves in Canadian culture. By following the the information outlined above, you can increase your chances of securing a fruit picking job and embarking on a rewarding experience in Canada.